A long update with some pictures to come later.....
Alright all you eager beavers....WE have been away for the past week travelling through Alberta visiting family(and we are still not home) and I have not been able to get to a computer until now. So it looks like uncle Al won! (Les I thought you would have a lead on it....) I will send you something as soon as I get home....Thanks for playing!
So our trip started on the 30th of June where we went to Kelowna. WE got to see our amazing athlete niece Ali do track and field. She won 1st in hurdles, 2nd in shotput, 1st in discus, and I can't remember where she placed in the 100 meter and 200 meter runs. She did fantastic though! We also there got to see our beautiful nieces and nephews, our brother and sis in law!
Then it was off to Enderby where we got to spend time with Ryan and Joanne and family. It was so great to see the camp running and seeing Ry and Jo in action. It is so special to be related to the two of you and being able to share times with your family.
After a couple days of camp fun we trekked to Alberta to see my sis in law Lisa and family. We were unable to see my bro Steve though as he is in the Ukraine for 3 weeks. Wednesday turned out to be somewhat of an eventful but uneventful day. Rich and I got sick where we were emptying our bodies out both ends. Needless to say we were soooo drained and didn't do much. LIsa was so gracious about it, and we truly appreciated her hospitality and being so relaxed about it. Thursday we were up and running ready to go to Calaway Park! IT was a HOT day....but so much fun. Andrew was great and slept through the day (only waking to feed). Katelyn and Naleah were a blast to watch and ride with...Alexa was a great sport throughout the day.
We left as soon as we could for Edmonton on Friday so that we could head up to West Edmonton Mall. We spent the whole day there and also met my parents there for dinner. While we were at dinner I ran into Megan who I grew up with in Lethbridge and haven't seen since I graduated. So neat! We attended a beautiful wedding on Sat. and got to see some great family....and new family...Jill you are an amazing women...thank you for the joy that you extend to your new family!
Sun. we left back to Calgary to stay at Alyssa and Tom's new home. Great job on the house guys...it looks fantastic. We saved our energy for the stampede on Mon. Andrew again did so great...especially learning how to nurse while in the snuggly. That worked well. WE decided to go to our first real rodeo and let me tell you it was nothing but fun! There was 2 times that the bull riders started to ride and then their bull froze in one spot and did nothing....it was sooo funny. The other major thing that happened...was one guy was riding his bull and he got bucked off....as he was getting up he started to go for the side and the bull came after him and tossed him soooo high in the air. I sat there wondering if this was happening for real. IT was soo unbelievable!
Well today is Tuesday and we are here at my parents relaxing....for now....cause today is Richard's 31st birthday....HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICHARD!!!
Hope you are all doing well and that you enjoy the pictures.
7 comments:
Happy Birthday Richard. So glad you are having lots of family fun:)
k.
so many miles. and so many friends and family. you will probably need a vacation when you get home!
enjoy!
l.
thanks for the visit... I have to say on Monday i almost called you away from the stampede... wasn't sure it was fair my family got your sickness while you all had fun at the stampede... haha lucky you I didn't call and survived the day cleaning up puke all over beds, floor, carpet... so fun.
oh well, such is life as a mom
seriously, thanks for coming we had fun with you
Hey guys, happy birthday Rich. Lisa I understand your puke pain. They left my house puking as well Ha ha. That's o.k. I would take time with you guys and puking anytime. We really enjoyed your visit and love and miss you all so much. I love you Andrew.
Auntie Jo
i keep checking back for the pictures. i am sure they are still coming. and that you are a busy, busy mama.
l.
i think their computer is not working
Welcome Home
Post a Comment