My first entry to me and Kristy's blog. You guys probably thought Kristy was going to be the only one to write in this thing. It would have been a good guess. But I had something to share. I work at a sawmill and when I talk to Kristy about my loader, the Wagner or the merchandiser she has no idea what they are. So I thought I'd take some pictures at work and share them with you all.
This is my loader. It's a Volvo 220. My job is to fill decks with logs for the mill to cut. Here's the view from my cab with logs in the boom.
If you want to get hit by someone driving the loader stand directly in front of it.The merchandiser is where we put unsorted small and medium sized logs straight off the trucks.
The Wagner is the biggest machine in the yard it unloads the trucks and stages wood for me to load onto decks right now it's carrying wood for the 7' saw.
It can carry about 3x the logs that I can. I've only got to drive it once. It's been one of my goals. driving the biggest thing around is cool.Here's Bruce (Broc) in the 180 doing the same job as me but in a little bit smaller machine.
Besides filling decks I also have to take logs away from the sorter it looks like a excavator with a claw at the end instead of a bucket.
All around the yard are piles of what we call hog fuel. It's the waste form the mill. The bacteria in this wet environment can get hot hot that from time to time these piles spontaneous catch fire. Very interesting.
But if I'm a bad boy they make me drive the old 966 Cat.
Ha Ha. But seriously if I break mine I do have to drive it. So that is what I do all day. I hope this gives you an idea what I do at work. I do have fun. Its like getting to go 4x4ing all day long. See ya.
3 comments:
I'm so proud of my hubby!
I'm proud of your hubby too.
like Father... like Son; Grandpa K would really be proud...I'm sure he's bragging in the courts of heaven to anyone that will listen to him talk about his oldest Son-in-law and oldest Grandson working the same equipment he loved to run. Sure miss him; thanks for bringing back the memories "Richie"
Post a Comment