Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Neighborhood

Yesterday night was a sight for all to behold. We decided to take our dog for a walk last night but with a twist. Our dog tends to be my dog. She loves me and well we have to break that 'unfortunate' behaviour before the baby comes as she may feel neglected. ANYWAYS. We finally got our stroller the other week and so we decided to practice (as it is recommended before the baby comes). To our astonishment our dog walked better in the end being attached to this giant contraption, then being attached to our small hands. What we found funny was at the beginning our dog was trying to get away from the stroller. So here is this, not so small, puppy trying to walk away from this stroller that is keeps being pulled towards her. Good thing it was dark enough that the neighbors wouldn't see how funny it looked.....and the fact that a family, who doesn't have any children, walking pregnant with a stroller....hmmmm...imaginations could have gone wild.

I find myself not too 'up' on the neighbors. There are a couple of people throughout the street that are associated with the mill, so Richard has some kind of connection with them. But as for me....I kind of keep to myself. Although i wouldn't mind exploring the neighbor's houses one day...just to see what they have. There is one house that we had to pass and then turn around and pass again because for the first time that we had seen....their curtains were open. From the road you could see right into what must be their living room and hanging on the wall was a huge massive elk's head. The only problem was their house didn't seem that big. I wonder if they use it to scratch their backs...hmm...If only I could step in and try it out.

I'm having a youth girl, Lauren, over tonight to finish up my Christmas baking. I'm sure we will have a fantastic time. ....I always look forward to baking!

Have a great night, and well look for your own adventure down your street.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

k.
i love walking at night. i just wish more people over here would leave their curtains open! i wonder what wonderful/weird japanese things i would see.
l.

Anonymous said...

It must the "curious" in females as I too love to peer in as we drive by or walk by at night, especially at Christmas...some very beautifully decorated trees/homes.