We've become freezer happy these days. We have received a life saver when it comes to freezer burn. No more ziplocks in the freezer for us. We now can buy bulk meat and freeze it without worry. I don't think most understand the convenience of this invention until tried. Ah, the things that become a fascination when you end up settling down.
Speaking of meat, soon we shall grace our freezer with half a pig. Friends of ours farm pigs (if that's what you call it) and we bought half a pig. It will be so nice to have a real ham, bacon etc... in our hands at a decent price.
Other than the freezer issues, Rich has been both working hard and working hard at recovery. He has had bronchitis for the past few weeks and it still seems to be hanging on. Myself, well growing and kind of enjoying it. Other than the difficulties that it brings, ie. getting out of bed, bending over, reaching the edge of the tub to clean it etc. I love the fact that I can not only see that something is growing inside of me but I can also feel what is growing inside of me. I am officially 28 weeks and a few days. I am thrilled to become a mom and well I can't wait to find out the ups and downs with the best husband by my side helping right along. I'm sure life will be a juggle at first, but I think we will be able to get into the swing of things.
13 more days of work and counting, we'll all celebrate Feb.2nd!
2 comments:
k.
happy 13 more days for you! happy one more month for me!
l.
I'm glad you are using and enjoying the Christmas gift. It's quite the challenge to see how small you can make the bag in the first place and still have a long enough end to suck the air out. We sure had fun packing KJ's b'day gifts in 3 small packages this way, it makes the shipping package much smaller and far less costly sending smaller envelopes than 1 large box. We got a huge bulky sweater into an 8.5 X 11 X 1.5 (deep) or so bag. Hopefully he enjoys opening these as much as we did packing them. Mom F
Post a Comment