I was trying to think about something to write to you all and finding it hard as things around here are pretty much normal. Eat work play sleep, that pretty much sums it up. So I thought I would catch you up on 2 of our other household members, Sadie (dog) and Tyra (cat). Sadie is a Shepherd/Black Lab, so she's pretty much a herding dog who thinks that she's a lap dog. We don't have cows, or sheep....so herding is left for our cat... and the lap part, that's left for Richard. I have had Tyra for more than 5 years so she's well set in her place. Its a good thing that cat's like to sleep, because moving around our house is a little difficult, especially when you have some weight to ya. Tyra has a tendency to make a thud when she jumps down from things. This seems to be a signal to the dog....Tyra is ready to play. As Tyra moves about the house, she seems grateful when we leave things laying around as they become barriers between her and the dog. When it's open field, she's usually stepped on, jumped over and pounced on. You would think that our cat absolutely hates our dog. BUT there is payback, Tyra has claws. There are many times where Sadie will just be walking past her to get to us and Tyra is taking up the opportunity to swipe. It's fun to watch when they are both enjoying the play. As much as our cat and dog fight for our attention, they certainly don't mind each other's company and I'm sure Tyra does enjoy the cleaning that Sadie gives her from time to time. Our dog and cat are nothing but goofs.....I wonder how this baby is going to fit into the picture. I'm sure much needed nagging on the dog will come as the baby gets older. PAYBACK!
"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love." - Eph.4:2 ~our family verse~
Friday, January 19, 2007
It's all about the Payback!
I was trying to think about something to write to you all and finding it hard as things around here are pretty much normal. Eat work play sleep, that pretty much sums it up. So I thought I would catch you up on 2 of our other household members, Sadie (dog) and Tyra (cat). Sadie is a Shepherd/Black Lab, so she's pretty much a herding dog who thinks that she's a lap dog. We don't have cows, or sheep....so herding is left for our cat... and the lap part, that's left for Richard. I have had Tyra for more than 5 years so she's well set in her place. Its a good thing that cat's like to sleep, because moving around our house is a little difficult, especially when you have some weight to ya. Tyra has a tendency to make a thud when she jumps down from things. This seems to be a signal to the dog....Tyra is ready to play. As Tyra moves about the house, she seems grateful when we leave things laying around as they become barriers between her and the dog. When it's open field, she's usually stepped on, jumped over and pounced on. You would think that our cat absolutely hates our dog. BUT there is payback, Tyra has claws. There are many times where Sadie will just be walking past her to get to us and Tyra is taking up the opportunity to swipe. It's fun to watch when they are both enjoying the play. As much as our cat and dog fight for our attention, they certainly don't mind each other's company and I'm sure Tyra does enjoy the cleaning that Sadie gives her from time to time. Our dog and cat are nothing but goofs.....I wonder how this baby is going to fit into the picture. I'm sure much needed nagging on the dog will come as the baby gets older. PAYBACK!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Once they baby's born, if the dog is too much to handle, we can take her. We'd take the cat too, but Shawn and I are allergic.
~Derek
P.S. Don't tell my mom I said this
Derek you may be interested in the story, a true story, of how 2 cats ended up at our house...indoor cats at that! Ask Richard...
Auntie Sandy
Post a Comment