Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Alright....so settling in isn't necessarily the easiest thing, but it is so rewarding when you finally feel like you've got the routine. We are understanding Andrew a little better and he is getting more acquainted with the realities of our day. Each day I adjust to adding another thing into our routine....like do my hair, pay any bills, stick on a load of laundry or just plain rest.

Just him and I went for a walk with the dog last night. He spent the whole time just staring at the blanket that covered him....so cute! Andrew has been in a routine of fussing mildly-strongly when he has to fall asleep. The one thing that calms him down is if I sing. BUT it's not just singing in my range...it's going down an octave to sing more like Richard. I don't know what it is but he likes that deep sound. It's neat though cause these situations (that come up 6 or more times a day) cause me to be in total worship to my Father. I find myself worshiping while putting Andrew to sleep. God deserves every minute of it and more. I can't thank God enough for Andrew and wouldn't trade those fussy moments for anything!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never heard you sing, Kristy, but your comments brought to mind a childhood memory.
My older brother always said that he pretended to be asleep so his Mom would quit singing.
Itwas so great to see all of you !
Grandma

Anonymous said...

i love that picture. you look so content. so natural. so loving it.
l.

Rick and Sandy said...

What a great picture of your family!

Richard would fall asleep to singing as well. I remember one summer the Friesen's spent a weekend together at Preston's cabin (the name of the lake has escaped my memory) at the lake, Dad & I slept in a tent with the boys and as the boys had a hard time settling down I went outside and sang all the Sunday School songs I knew to them until they fell asleep. Keep this up and the 3 of you will be singing as a trio together in no time.

Mom F

eileen said...

Those songs come in handy during long nights with little ones with fever, earaches and anything else they get. I was always thankful for those songs and wondered how a mom could endure so little sleep without God's help. I remember one specific night when I finally resorted to "What a day that will be when my Jesus I shall see". I'm sure I was hoping/wishing for his second coming. And here I am 30 years later singing to the grandkids......I think Jack pretends to sleep so I'll quit :-)
a. eileen

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you! Andrew is so lucky to have such great parents. How I wish I come come and see you all! Guess I'll have to wait till July to see the little bundle of joy. (hopefully you will be able to make it. 07/07/07) Love you guys!

Auntie Roni

Anonymous said...

Congratulation Richard and Kristy, I am very excited for you.

Richard, you weren't the last to know this time, as you tell us. I was. But that's cause I was impossible to get to and I only called mom on the 16th (Nepal time) as we were about to begin our 6 hour return trip to Base Camp after walking for about 4 hours already that morning.

Love from near the top of the world

Dad F

eileen said...

This is so cool....not every grandkid can say that his grandpa was at Everest when he was born AND get an email from him too. Come home safely, Rick.

eileen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eileen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.