Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hi, just wanted to let you all know that we have arrived safe and sound. We have unpacked....partially (as we still don't know if this is our permanent residence)........settled into routine (ish....without time....clocks are not important here).....and hosted an evening of fondue for the staff. We love the staff here and are so excited about the full time staff as we seem to all mesh really well. Sadie is adjusting to being an outside dog (until bedtime) and today is her first day out in the pouring rain. Some of you may be questioning "how did you get her to stop scratching at doors".....simple really. The dog that was already here, Jasper, has been trained to stay off the decks. Every building has a deck leading up to the door. We followed suit and Sadie as well is not allowed on the deck.....except to come inside at night when invited. She's been doing well for not being here that long and has been enjoying having a partner in crime to sniff around with.
Our cat Tyra....she so far has survived out here. She has a big bald spot on the side of her body as she layed in some goop that matted up her fur. When she would pick at it to get it off, she ended up taking the fur right out.....we can't help but smile at our kitty.
Andrew is loving it out here!!! He loves all the people to talk to and is able to spend most of his days outside. We had a work crew here this past weekend and Andrew was mauld by some of the younger girls.....lets just say I was thankful cause I got lots of work done. He's interested in the horses, but has yet to touch one. He's been eating incredibly well....seems to be gaining weight as I find it hard to hold him for a long period of time.....but the fun part is that he has started to say Sadie. It started with SSSS and then Sa and now every once and awhile he says Sa-Da.....so fun! He also is trying to repeat a lot of words that we are saying.
Richard....I believe is loving what he is doing so far. His job is a bit bigger than expected, but nothing that he can't accomplish. He works from the moment breakfast is over till 10pm ish......with some stops inbetween. There will be some slow down as time goes on and routine sets in, but for now he wants to be involved with everything so that he can know all that needs to be known. Family time is important to him and he does take that time out when he can each day to be with either me or Andrew. Sadie on the other hand is constantly following him around.....I think she doesn't mind being outdoors a lot.
As for me, I really like it here. Other than having a good phone, there is nothing to complain about. There is no frequent trips to the store (cuts down on spending for sure).....food for right now is made for me....and life is simple....I get to spend time reading and enjoying my son. Baby is starting to move more....last night at the fondue was especially funny.....I've hardly had chocolate this pregnancy and so baby was kicking it into high gear. Pregnancy hasn't slowed me down out here which is nice.....i'm not working my butt off all morning so then I'm not soo tired in the afternoon. I enjoy the staff and look forward to a summer of interesting adventures.
Please email us as we would love to connect with you somehow as phone isn't much of an option. You can email us at the gmail account or else try connecting with us through facebook. Sorry no pictures again....Rich took the camera that week that I posted and now...I know where the camera is but not the cord....so you'll just have to wait.

laters, Kristy

4 comments:

Perry said...

So glad to hear that your start has been so positive. Have a wonderful summer!!

Anonymous said...

thanks so much for the update Kristy!! So glad to hear it is going well and everyone is adjusting.

love,a.Rietta

Rick and Sandy said...

Wow, this must be quite an adjustment for you since coming home from our cruise...vacationing to working ½ days and packing to packing fulltime to loading the truck & trailer and driving to setting up house out in the country...not having to work; a very welcome rest for your weary body, I'm sure. We are so very proud of you Kristy!! Well done!!

It was so nice to get Richard's phone call the other day; we are so glad that you arrived safely and hear that you like your new place, but it's great to read "your side" of the move today... I love the "picture you've painted" of Andrew, Sadie & Tyra in your posting here.

We absolutely will keep in touch by email; the phone call with Richard was like talking to Karl on Skype in Japan...just a little bit slower than what we're used to.

We love you and as always, hugs & kisses to all of you. Take care of yourself and Baby.

Carla said...

Great update Kristy. I also think that you have painted a terrific word picture. We can use our imagination and see that you are having a fab time.
Enjoy!!
love T. Carla