Friday, May 30, 2008

Long Awaited Pictures


So I am in Lethbridge for a bit and I am able to do some downloading....so here are some pictures that you've been waiting for.....Enjoy!

Starts with us at Sea World in San Diego




Andrew LOVED the pet show!

The beginning of our cruise aboard the Dawn Princess

Us in Cabo San Lucas



Richard on the beach with Andrew in Mazatlan

Andrew gets his first haircut by GrandmaAndrew starts out his great week in Lethbridge by playing in the sinkHe LOVED the water...what a discovery......if only he knew that I played in that very sink when I was his age....funny huh?Pictures of the camp are yet to come....I promise to get some and put them up. It rained for 8 days straight and the greenery just popped out....it looks amazing.

I was really in awe the other day as Richard and I drove up to Slakker creek (the other site) to check up on it. I was amazed to find out that the Oldman River wasn't just a rushing river that went through Lethbridge....it starts as a little creek just a bit north of the slakker creek site. The comparison of what I grew up with knowing about the Oldman to seeing where it starts just blew me away.

While I'm in Lethbridge Rich and the staff have to take the horses up to slakker, which is a 4 or 5 day ride. The most interesting part is the out trip director (Steve) is going to show them all the trails that he knows to go on, but he's not going to lead it. A challenge yes,....but I'm sure they can do it.....most interesting part will be to see them when I get up there and find out how it feels to be on a horse for 4 or 5 days straight (with obvious rest periods and sleep time).

Most of June will be spent up there, so we will be unable to respond to your callings after I leave Lethbridge....but I'll be sure to post pictures and let you know how things are going.

Long enough post......I think so......laters!

4 comments:

Rick and Sandy said...

Very, very cool to read this posting. The vacation pics are great!! We had such a wonderful time with your family; Andrew's reaction and attentiveness at the shows was amazing. What great long-time memories this will be for us.

So you're obviously not going on the ride; it will be very interesting to read about Richard's experience when they get back.

Have a wonderful visit in Lethbridge; glad to hear you've arrived safely once again. Greetings to your Folks and hugs & kisses for my handsome Grandson.

We love you!! Thanks so much for this update!!

Dad & Mom F

Carla said...

Great pics. And thanks for the update. Sounds like lots of new adventures. Enjoy.
love t. carla

ps I like the new layout.

Anonymous said...

good to hear from you! continue to trust and obey.

love,a.rietta

Bonnie said...

Awesome pictures! So jealous of your warm vacation :) Hope you're doing well!