Friday, July 4, 2008

So today, Rich and I were the tent inspectors. The staff tent was a mess before this day and Rich told the group that the tent that scored the lowest would be on dishes at supper. The staff did not want to have to do dishes so here is what we found laying on some flowers with chocolate spread about.

"From the Fordian Epistle to the Church in Luxonia (note 2 of the girls last names are Ford and Luxon)
Blessed is she who is pregnant, for she shall be a Mother
Most beautiful is she who is with child because of the joy which leaps within her
Most honored is she amongst the younger women, for she sustains new life within her
Most happy is her husband the son of Adam, for she shall endure the pain
The joy from her face shines forth like the beauty of the sun."

I told them that they did the bribe right....they made the pregnant lady cry....he he... (I am crying over EVERYTHING these days....it's actually a little rediculous). Hope you enjoyed the poem as much as I did (if you didn't know....it is made up...it took me a bit as I got emotional right away.)

4 comments:

Rick and Sandy said...

That's so sweet!! :) The summer is off to a great start; who cares if this was bribe; you are loved and crying is okay. Sounds like you're already connecting with the girls...that's just wonderful!!

Have a terrific weekend!!

Carla said...

Definitely a winner! Both for originality and content. I laughed.
T. Carla

Embrace the tears, life would be very bad without them.

Carla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Naomi said...

Love the poem! I have to admit it made me feel all warm inside too (still working out some of my pregnant hormones too). We are so happy you all are enjoying camp and we are looking forward to hearing about the newest arrival!