Wednesday, September 3, 2008

17 days to due date.......AND.....

Well, 17 more days to due date and tomorrow (Thurs) starts my stint in Lethbridge. I am heading to my parents with Andrew to take a load off, relax and enjoy some company. This will keep me closer to my dr. who has been seeing me as well as lay off of all the driving in and out of town etc. Also the drive to the hospital will be a LOT closer. I'm also reassured of someone looking after Andrew. If you'd like to contact me, email me and let me know that you would like my parents number and I'd gladly give it out!
The AND part was Andrew tried his first steps today. He has been walking back and forth between Rich and I all morning....its so exciting! I think that there were 2 big motivators. 1. I gave Andrew the "pep" talk that he needs to walk before his sibling arrives and 2. I think he overheard Auntie Lisa saying that Naleah walked 3 days before 17 months and well.....that would be today 3 days before he is 17 months.
Rich on the other hand will be staying here at the camp. The only day that he will be away from the camp is this SAT. where he will be taking down slacker creek site with some others. Other than that he will come to visit on the weekends and keep working throughout the week in anticipation of driving against the clock.
Prayer: you can continue to pray for our family for the safe arrival
- safety for Richard as he drives with excitement to Lethbridge when he hears the word to come!
- just a smooth transition for Andrew as he will be going from living here to Lethbridge, to here again with a new sibling that he has to share.

Thank you for all that have been praying, sending letters, and showing support....we have felt encouraged this past while and so blessed! God continues to prove faithful and continues to highlight the verse in Matthew.....that we have NO worries! we need to turn over everyday to Him and he takes care of us and our needs.

3 comments:

Rick and Sandy said...

YAHOO!! Way to go Andrew; how exciting that you were still home with Mommy so that Daddy could be part of the excitment with you.

Andrew will be a terrific big brother...Kristy, you'll just have to keep Baby's diapers on a lower shelf so that he can "run" for you.

Drive safe, Kristy; we are praying for you and your family daily. We love you and are so looking forward to this next 17 days (or less) to go by quickly for you AND that Richard will be in Lethbridge on time for Baby's birth.

Get your sleep Richard...no falling asleep at the wheel; although I imagine when you get "the phone call", the excitement of being a Daddy again will be enough to keep you awake behind the wheel.

Thanks for the posting!!

Dad & Mom F

Anonymous said...

only two more weeks!! I know it's different for you guys but for us we can't believe it's already here.

We pray that you'll relax in the Lord and that He'll refresh you as you anticipate this baby's arrival.

love, a. Riettaq

Cynthia said...

That's so cute. I would love to see a video of him walking and see a pic of your baby belly? Can you post them somewhere here?
Best of luck in next few weeks I am thinking of you lots. Cynthia