Sunday, January 16, 2011

 So my time away from packing has been a much needed break. It feels good not having to accomplish anything in the day. The boys and I have been mostly hanging out at the house cause it so cold...but we did get out to go shopping and out for a fun dinner. We look forward to going swimming and having more grandma and grandpa time before we go.
I think everyone needs a few days away from their spouse...it really gives you a good perspective of how much you appreciate them. I've been appreciating him more each day!


While we have been here, the stomach flu has continued to circulate through the two older boys. Each night there has been a night of someone with either their tummy not feeling good or their bum not doing good. Last night I prayed that the boys would be able to have great nights sleep that would last the whole night long. They did...praise the Lord BUT....Isaac decided to give me a full tantrum at 3 in the morning. I fed him at 12:30 and he decided 2 1/2hrs later that he wanted more to eat....Really? I made the choice to let him cry it out. He did for 40 min and whimpered for another 15. This means I missed getting a full nights sleep again. I miss my hubby..the chance to take turns and more often than not, he does it for me. He is so wonderful.
Today Grandpa and Grandma decided that we should have a wiener roast in the fire place. The boys were thrilled and enjoyed every minute of it. What a fun experience and we didn't have to bundle up to go anywhere!

 * Grandpa tending to the fire*


*HOT DOGS PLEASE*






So...for the remainder of the day I reflect on our obligation to the poor...my prayers for a friend and her loss....my hubby and him being alone....and soaking up my last few days here at my parents (for awhile). Lord you are so good to me...may that reflect in the way that I live my life for You!



*The boys enjoying the snow*

No comments: