Monday, December 11, 2006

Being Inspired

I received an email from my mom today that consisted of a new life motto. I really think it is worth more than just my consideration....

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, drink in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO what a ride!"
....I think there is definitely truth and validity to this statement....don't you? Wow moms are smart. I hope when my child grows up, he/she can say the same about me. (I know I have some competition when it comes to my husband as he is the king of knowledge. His natural intuition to knowledge continues to amaze me and his memory for facts is endless - if that memory would only transfer to other departments...he he..)

I'm so inspired at this time of year. I have the Christmas music around every corner, the decorations up and lists of things that I am sure I will accomplish.....until holidays are done and I find out that the list that I hoped to check off has only been looked at a dozen times and put aside for a rainy day. I love being inspired...I just wish that would transfer on to the 'doing' part.

Well my friends, Christmas is only 14 days away (I've been using the advent calender) and yet there is so much to do but so little town to do it in. That is the only thing that stinks about living in a small town, you have to wait till the right weekend when you can get away and go shopping. For us it's a choice between 3 options: 1. 2hrs to Kelowna, 2. 2hrs to Spokane or 3. 1hr to Walmart in a small American town that could possibly be smaller than Grand Forks. More often than not we opt for the Walmart as it is a quick day trip.

I hope all of you find the next few weeks not too busy, but enjoyable!.....Be inspired!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about Kelowna this coming weekend? J and A are in the Christmas pageant in Salmon Arm on Sunday. We're probably driving out on Sat a.m. We've asked K & J to come with us...we haven't heard back yet.

Your thought about your Mom... actually many times they are very wise, however, it seems to me it takes quite an effort for her children to say those words...you'll see. I'm sure your Mom will appreciate the acknowledgement...you're a very wise daughter.

lulu & jrock said...

Kristy

it has been such a great experience to see you grow through the years. From being a young women who traveled to great places to becoming a women who was falling deep in love to soon becoming a mother "not to mention that this baby is going to have one amazing daddy" to see the changes from the outside has been really positive.
love the blog, keep growing and writing you two are so cute and baby.

live,laugh&love
emma