Over the past few days I have received in one format or another pictures of what my beautiful nephews and nieces look like. I got to tell you I'm one proud auntie (and if I may speak for Richard I know that he is one proud uncle). Someone once said to me that at this point you don't think that there is any more depth to love than what you have for your nephews or nieces until you have your own. I can't imagine my love growing that much more than it already is. Recently we had the departure of some nieces that I am very close to. They left the promise land and moved closer to the flatland. Every time I talk to them, it brings tears to my eyes....it's sad, I've seen these girls from birth and now I don't see them much at all. Good thing for things like the phone, Internet and the post office. Connecting to them doesn't seem that hard at all. I think I feel so blessed to have so many nephews and nieces. My other brother's children are not too far away. Although we don't talk on the phone, our connection with them when we see them is just as fun and strong. You never know if children are going to forget you (especially when they are young when they meet you), but a tear always comes to my eye (must be the pregnancy) when they show a glimpse of understanding, that they know who you are.
I want to end saying....my nephews and nieces....I'm so proud of them all!!!
4 comments:
We love you so much Auntie Kristy and Uncle Richard. And with a mom and dad who show us pictures of you all the time, we will never forget you. Hopefully one day you too will leave the promise land and be closer to us. Mom isn't even pregnant anymore but she is crying too :)
We love you
Katelyn, Naleah and Alexa
I know Im so proud of my little nephew he is such a cutie!! and he is so smart! My sister in law is pregnant again and is do 6 weeks after me! Another little one to spoil!
Have a Merry Christmas!
Neat site Kristy
Love,
Grandma
k.
how was christmas? and new year's? and the growing baby?
l.
Post a Comment