Monday, January 8, 2007

We're Home!

So we've burst into the New Year with feeling nothing but sick. Well I wouldn't say it was all nothing, but sometimes sickness overtakes the rest. The holidays were great. We started out by having Christmas at the coast, hitting up all the family events. We then drove home, did laundry, packed and the next day drove to Lethbridge to touch base with my family for New Years. After a relaxing but eventful time there we then drove back home (this time staying 2 days so Rich could work). We then drove back to the coast for a Friesen brother Christmas. That too was great, especially working out our bodies playing the Nintendo Wii. We have put over 3000km of driving on our car this Christmas season.....it was all worth it.


A tradition that I have had in the past is a gingerbread house making contest. Thanks to Miranda, Rich and I were able to carry the making of the "house" into our Christmas together. We make a gingerbread train.....lets just say I think I enjoyed the experience and Richard tried to endure the experience. As you can see, he got a little tried of working with such small pieces of candy and being steady with the icing.
Thanks to all our family and friends who made Christmas both memorable and enjoyable.

7 comments:

Anthony and Kim said...

I love eating gingerbread houses!!
Glad to hear you had a great hloiday with family! Just think of the wonderful Christmas next year with the baby Friesen!

Anonymous said...

happy new year! there will be some great changes to your life this year. woohoo!

Anonymous said...

the last comment was from les.

Amanda Lee Smith said...

fun! we've been racking up the kms too. thus is life with in-laws!
next time you're in these parts, give me a call!

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed your company; thanks for making the extra effort and taking the time to drive back and forth...hope Rich is feeling better soon. Mom F

michaelia and jason said...

Wish I could have seen you over New Years! We were up in Calgary and then flew out from there on the 2nd. I want to see more pictures of your bump!!

Anonymous said...

Kristy - you have such pretty hands!