I have been over joyed as I have been painting the baby room....getting almost to the finish line of doing the trim and book cases. There is just a couple things waiting.... before I do a second coat on the trim, Rich needs to do some sanding around the window. So away he goes today....to my detriment the paint starts peeling. Not that it would be a problem except it doesn't' take much for the paint to come off. Okay settle down I tell myself, a little
job around the window...some primer and then we're ready to go again. In the mean time I thought I would take off the door and start around the door frame. OOPs there is a spot that needs a quick sand......as the sanding starts so does the same rush of feelings...uh oh....there we go again....all around the door frame as well. So needless to say a room that was just about done...is well back to only half way there. I guess we won't be setting up the crib this weekend.
For a long time now I have realized that around 2pm, it's a down time for me. A chance to relax, do nothing and just veg. If I have to work, it's hard to pull my butt around and finish jobs that were started. Now that I'm pregnant it's different. That 2pm hits and it's nap time. No veg time, no just sitting and relaxing, it's 'I need to fall asleep' time. Although i am not that big, I still feel the affects of carrying such a heavy load. This reminds me that one day, many years ago, I wasn't too far off from being this size. I was about 5 pounds smaller. Weird. I've been wearing my "fat" t.shirts as lounge shirts around the house and I keep amazing myself....I use to be this big. Thanks goodness that I'm this big now, because I'm pregnant!!!!
Does everyone out there actually celebrate Valentines Day. I always thought that once I found a man, or at least when I got married that that day was going to be so special. BUT I am finding that it really isn't. I don't want the chocolates, I show my love to Richard all year round and we buy each other things all year, why this one day to show extra love? Does anyone have any other opinion???
3 comments:
I am totally with you on the Valentines Day thing. With the exception of one year in high school (remember?), Valentines Day is usually disappointing. I put a veto on V Day a long time a go, and my life is better for it (so is Chris')!
Heather
I agree with not participating in V-Day. Everything is overpriced and seems artificial. It's refreshing to hear that other couples aren't participating as well. It takes the pressure off!
FYI, Dad & I still use this day as an excuse to "go out"; however, we have stopped buying "things" or cards for each other as it is far more fun going to the store to look at/read through the cards on the rack and giving each other a dozen or more. Those I would like to give to Dad (and vice versa) I hand him to read, we hug or kiss or laugh or all 3 (which ever is appropriate) and then put it back on the shelf. It's a fun time.
On another note; Kristy, please be very careful if you are painting, actually I'm not sure that you should be painting at all. The paint fumes are very toxic/bad for Baby, so Richard, it would be best for you to finish the project with the door closed and window open a bit for venting purposes. It will be so nice when you have this project finally finished.
Mom F
Post a Comment