So here is the story.....
At approx 1 am on Friday the 6th my water broke. I knew at the time we weren't able to deliver a baby in Grand Forks due to the anesthesiologist not being in town. I also knew that if I were having contractions I was suppose to go straight to trail hospital......what I didn't know is what I was suppose to do if just my water broke. I knew it was important to get checked out so we stopped in at Grand Forks hospital. It was a good thing to do cause our Dr. was able to tell us that the baby was still high enough that we had plenty of time to drive the hour and a bit to Trail. God was gracious and I was not contacting at all on the way there. By the time that we arrived at the hospital it was 4 am. As soon as we got there they put us on a fetal heart monitor for about 40 min. I was feeling something, but nothing painful. As soon as she was done we decided it was best to get some rest. The nurse left the room and the contractions started to come. They were every 5 min or so and so we decided to walk a bit. I walked till just after 6 when I couldn't walk through contractions anymore and I was getting sometimes 2 in a row. Richard was great at massaging at that point which brought me through the next bit of harder contractions. At around 7 they checked me and I was 5 1/2 cm- 6 cm dilated. At that point I stayed on the bed focusing on relaxing and my amazing husband. He was so supportive!!! At around 8 I begged to start pushing as my body was SOOO ready to do so. After a bit I was given the go ahead and at 9:40am our amazing son was born!
I feel so great! God really blessed us with a great experience as well as a full supportive staff. The nurse on the floor standing beside me was also a prenatal teacher. It was extra great to have her as a 2nd coach. The first nurse that was helping us from the beginning was a practicum student just finishing at 7am that morning. He future goal is to take the maternity courses and be able to deliver babies. So thanks to the Dr. and my little words of encouragement, Amy delivered our baby....her first delivery. During the next few days one of the nurses on staff was also a breastfeeding support person (I don't know her real title), so it was such a blessing to have her on continually encouraging me.
Now we are home. We are over joyed at the fact that we have a new bundle and we are starting to understand him a little more. Its so much fun to get to know him as well as see him study our faces and get to know who we are as well. We continually are saying and cant' stop saying " we are truly blessed"!
13 comments:
Great story!!! And now you'll be adding chapter after chapter (including water up the vacuum....oh, wrong family)
Welcome home, Andrew. See you in a few days!
amen. you are blessed. he is great! and you will be great parents. i am looking forward to meeting him someday!
l.
Thanks for sharing Kristy. God continues to show Himself as wonderful.
way to go guys !!!!!what a great story !! enjoy your new son :)
denise
Send more pictures of Andrew!
Derek
He looks perfect! You did really well for your first delivery. It makes me feel good to hear how smoothly things went (I've been hearing some other birthing stories that make me quite nervous!)
He is beautiful Kristy. The first picture reminds me of you when you were born - probably the angle of the camera and his little cry look. Anyway we can't wait to meet him! Yes, God is so good and he truly has blessed you and Richard with his grace in giving you a "short" labour. love you all.
Congratulations Richard and Kristy! What a beautiful baby!! You will be awesome parents - it is such a great responsibility, but such huge rewards too! Enjoy every minute with him.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so excited for you guys! You'll have so many happy moments watching Andrew grow up:) Enjoy your precious new bundle of joy! I'm glad to hear that everything went so well with the delivery and you and Andrew are healthy and well. I look forward to seeing more pictures and hearing more stories!
Wow, that is truely amazing. Congradulations to the both of you.
Enjoy your little boy.
Love from the Laughrens
Congratulations!!! WOW - aren't computers amazing! Kim told me how to get to your Blog!! I had to go through 5 other Blogs to get here - but I found it! He looks amazing and I'm so happy for you both! God Bless your little family!!!
Love The Schellenbergs!!
Congrats!! Many blessings to you and your family in this new journey that is SOOOO fun!
He is beautiful. And so, my dear friend, are you. Bless you and Richard as you start your new adventure. You are already great parents.
Love you,
m.
Post a Comment