Friday, October 5, 2007

Thanksgiving "Peas"

So Andrew has been trying new foods for about a month now and it has been going okay. He likes the rice cereal and sweet potatoes. As for carrots....he could do without. But nothing was as funny as the day that we tried peas. Now understandably so I did leave them a little cold, so his first reactions to peas were not the best....well actually he almost gagged....but I did try them again another day a little warmer and he ate almost the whole thing. Well the event in itself did make for funny pictures.




On more of a serious note, we aren't sure how much longer Richard will be working at the mill. News today told us of a 2 week shut down and then some arrangements that could happen that would mean Richard would be out of a job. We knew this to be a possibility for awhile now and we have been trusting in the Lord that he has our family in his hands. Well our trust is still in him and the little worry that has crept into this household this morning has disappeared as the Lord has worked in us today. For me I have complete peace that all will work itself out. No matter what, I know there is something out there for Richard and in the mean time there are adjustments that we can make to make things work. If we could pray together that God would give our family direction as we move into the unknown, that would be helpful.
I hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving. I am sad to say we aren't with any of our family this Thanksgiving, but we do get to spend it with our home group....our Grand Forks family.
In light of Thanksgiving....Mom and Dad....I am thankful for:
-Our son...healthy, bright and absolutely beautiful
-Our relationship....constant, open and growing
-My husband....loving, faithful friend and a man of faith
-Both sides of my family.....I can grow with, get to know more and love in all circumstances!
(and mom klassen...."Have a Happy Thanksgiving"- I'm saying it in a high pitched tone!)
Love you all, Kristy

2 comments:

Rick and Sandy said...

We are praying for you; you're quite right, God will provide for your family, but the unknown is so hard. Thanks for keeping us updated.

As for the peas; Dad & I laughed and laughed at the pictures of Andrew. I recall that Adam reacted the same way when Joanne tried to feed him peas at our house. I thought it was the texture; perhaps they weren't warmed up enough for him either. These are great pictures for his wedding video!

We love you, have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend, celebrating His blessings on your family.

Derek said...

I love the sweet transitions pictures of Andrew's food folley.