Thursday, November 8, 2007

My little peanut has turned 7 months...can you believe it's been that long that he's been here! CRAZY.....love him so much!
Hey mom look....my men are wearing the sweaters you gave them......on the same day even!!!
So many of you are asking for a work update. So far Rich is still layed off....it doesn't look like there will be a chance for him to work for awhile (like next summer). So we are still looking and praying for a job to come along....we're looking for the next step in life and it is still so cloudy out there, there is nothing to do but trust that God has our hands leading us every step of the way.
I really do feel for some of these guys who have been lifers at the mill.....some were ready to retire in the next few years and now...well who is going to hire someone close to retirement? Our town is also feeling a blow as another huge business in town is closing officially in Dec. where again we know of people who were ready to retire and now can't....what next for them? For us, we're young...we can bounce back...move on....start something new and well not have to worry about someone thinking twice about us because of our age.
I was just thinking the other day that I'm not sure how so many of you can do so many things on facebook. I find myself....logging in....looking at photos, videos, answering messages....then logging out. I can't sit that long on facebook....long enough to develop more do dads on my homepage...or poke someone let alone give them a hug....i don't even know how to load my own pictures. I pat you all on the back....keep going, I enjoy looking at all your photos and finding people that I haven't talked to in forever (especially all my ship buddies). As for me...I'm taking the back seat....and blogging. I enjoy the simplicity of it all! I hope that you are enjoying as well!
(oh I did add a Christmas tree to my blog....just so I knew how many days it was till Christmas...and then to my ultimate surprise...I got a gift and so did Andrew. Can't wait to find out what they are.) Its funny how many people on facebook get so many gifts. I wonder if the feeling is that exciting as if you were receiving the gift in your own hands. Do you stare at the computer and wonder...."why on earth did someone send me a penguin"? Or is it more " Awww I can't believe they remembered me....and sent me a gift"....who would have thought watching an egg crack to find out what's inside could be so exhilarating? Enjoy my fellow facebookers...I will continue to live vicariously through your pages!

6 comments:

Joan said...

Thanks for the pics honey. It's no wonder you guys take such good looking pictures -- it's that obvious inner beauty shining through. I love your spirit and outlook. I love your concern and care for others. We're praying with you both.

Anonymous said...

you are so funny kristy... "ie:facebooking" i think i would enjoy spending more time with you..

I too appreciate your soft heart as you watch people around you... the one constant in our lives is God but not everyone has that and it's good that you are holding them up in prayer as we are you.

love, a. Rietta

Rick and Sandy said...

Kristy; you are so hilarious you make me laugh...that's so good for the soul!

How I wish we lived closer so that we could see Andrew in person; children grow up so quickly and it's hard knowing that we are missing out on this time in his life. We love you all... And the sweaters look good on both of "your guys"..."good choice Mom"; well, I think so anyways.

No work, the effect this is having on your family and how you are handling it...we've talked to you lots, you know our hearts. We are very proud of you, Richard & Kristy. We love you.

Mom

Derek said...

Andrew looks like Joshua in the second pic.

Carla said...

Did you think that your life could change this much in 7 months? Thanks for all the great photos.

Perry said...

I love reading your updates, Kristy. And Andrew is getting so big - and staying sooo cute! We're praying for you as you wait for God to show what He has in store for you next.

Auntie Dawna