You'd think I was pregnant.....but I know FOR SURE i'm not......
so then what explains the desire to spend the morning making cheese buns, and cinnamon buns, taking care of 2 boys and answering office questions......not sure....anyone?
6 new books in my house and 1 that I'm almost finished....where to start? Maybe this afternoon with a coffee and bun.....anyone want to come over, my house is surrounded by a beautiful snowy field. Its warming up and melting fast.....my house smells of baking with a faint smell of "my windows have been closed too long.....we need fresh air in here".....my hair looks like I spent time on it...yesterday......and the way I'm dressed will impress you..it will remind you of how you felt when you slipped out of bed this morning. Yes...do come over....today I'm just me!
I've really been on a self analysis these days/weeks and really trying to understand what does friendship mean and what kind of expectations are there as a friend that aren't said. OR do I need to lay out expectations in order to feel fulfilled.
I thought that making friends would be no problem...I'm a fun person....but at this age most families come to church and then take off....it's so hard to find conversation with people unless they don't have an agenda to fulfill that day. It's also really weird to just go up to people talking and introduce yourself.....it's not like I can just invite people over, everyone seems to think that coming out here is too far.....but for us to come into town is much easier....if I remember correctly it's the same amount of driving one way as it is the other.
Okay....done my rant for the day.
I was at a ladies retreat this past weekend at SABC and was able to learn a new craft....I'm soo excited about it cause it's easy to make...and the results are so impressive.
Well I better get going and get some work accomplished before the boys wake up!
kristy
4 comments:
Kristy this is exactly what I am going through!!! Its so hard to find friends at our church because there are alot of older people and not to many my age. We really need to get together I would love to reconnect with you and I dont think your to far away! Its nice to get away! I am in high River I think its next thur. for my doctors appt wanna get together?
So what's your new craft; something your boys or Richard will be the recipient of?
By the way...I didn't hear ranting; you have set very high expectations of yourself. You're one amazing young lady in need of fellowship...Kim, I live in Abbotsford, BC; now that's a long ways off from Longview, High River; that's nothing!! 20 km off the highway the scenery at BBWC is a very beautiful and I know the fellowship is great; pack up early one day and go for a drive... you'll fall in love with a very special young lady there and be hooked forever :)
Love you Kristy!! Hope to see you soon. Mom
I feel EXACTLY the same way here and we've lived here almost 5 years....Yep, no solution, just feel the same. Love ya! Julie
I have struggled with that believe it not. A really good book that helped was "The Friendship Factor". I can loan it to you if you are interested.
Love Auntie
Post a Comment