This summer was a great one. Challenging in its own ways (compared to Blue Bronna)....but good. This is Richard's fit, and it's great to see him shine in an area that he is gifted. There is a lot of learning and re-learning but it will come! As one friend said to us this year "now you have the basics, you can take it and make it your own". I look forward to seeing Richard make his mark and get in his own groove and not continually trying to fit into someone else's.
I on the other hand took on a job that worked well....but was WAY more than I was thinking it was going to be. I enjoyed it and look forward to when I can do it again, but for now I will take a break for our family's sake (...new baby due in Feb). I am although working this fall (until Christmas break) at the Strongstart in a local community. This is a preschool for parents to bring their kids, play with them, learn with them and spend time with them. This preschool is encouraging parents to pour time into their kids before they are off to school. I like that!
The kids enjoyed being at camp when we went over. They loved being with their cousins and having friends on sight. They loved the freedom of going to the park when we weren't quite done in the dining hall. But by the end of the summer they were done. Done with the routine...done with going to the dining hall for meals (except breakfast....we were never up for that)....done with playing at the park. So our time off was welcomed with open arms in our household. Giving us a break away from camp routine, we came back to find our own routine at our home (which is on sight). Although there are groups that are being cooked for, we have chosen to stay home and continue our new routine..its been good.
As I went through our pictures of this summer, I realized that we didn't take that many. So here are some of our summer as well as our trip away!
ENJOY!
| our new van |
| My first Icecream cake! |
| says he's my superhero! |
3 comments:
I enjoy the stories your pictures tell. I love Brett's birthday cake.
Thanks for taking the time to post pictures. I love having a snapshot of your lives :). Love you, a. Rietta
Richard, aren't you a little old for that one ride? hehehe Enjoyed seeing your pictures. The boys sure are getting big! Melanie
Post a Comment